Friday, October 2, 2015

Little knits

(Yes, I´m still around. I know, I´m surprised myself.) Today I want to share with you this little kitted jacket I finished the other day.

 
The pattern dates back to the early 50s and is designed for children 1-2 years old. Now little M is 1.5 years old (whoa!) and the jacket fits rather tight. Like, tiiiiight. I was kind of expecting it since she is much taller than the average child her age and also just a wee bit chubbier. Not to mention that children were generally a bit smaller back in the day.
I started knitting it when she was around 1 and even went up 1 needle size but still... So, the thing I learned from this project is that I could put away all patterns for children under the age of 3 because by the time I had finished them she would have outgrown them. Which is a pity, because there are several knitted coats in my magazines that I would have loved to make for her. Oh well.

The pattern originally included a collar,
but somehow I didn´t feel like doing one.
I considered a crochet border but somehow messed it up.

dress: H&M
toys: vintage

I´m not sure about my next project but I´ll definitely knit up a long sleeve cardigan for her soon. And some cute dresses. And a beret. Because awwww ;). I have what feels like 30 options to choose from, so we´ll see.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word, how immensely sweet! She is growing in leaps and bounds. Awww!

    Tons of hugs & happy October wishes to you both,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really does. Sometimes I can´t believe that it´s been only 19 months since she fit into these really tiny clothes and that she was a completely helpless little person. It´s amazing how fast things change.

      Delete
  2. Every post of yours is worth reading. Your writing style was perfect. Keep writing. buy bollywood lehenga online

    ReplyDelete