Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Prosit Neujahr and a little surprise!

Greetings straight from 1910 to you!

Aaaaand it´s 2014. First of all, I wish you all a happy new year filled with laughter, love and health!
Looking back at the old year I have to say that it was a rather great one for the Mr. and me. We both finally have real, well-payed jobs, the Mr. got his drivers license, we got a car, I made some nice little trips and we moved into an amazing apartment. We also had a christmas tree for the very first time! And another wonderful thing happened in 2013 that leads me to

2014

It´s a girl!

While I´m writing this I´m 31 weeks pregnant. Yes, 31 weeks, I sure can keep a secret if I want to ;). This is also my excuse for the lack of posts and commenting over the last 6 months. From week 5 to week 13 I woke up with morning sickness, spent the days with morning sickness and went to bed with morning sickness. Sofa and bed were my best buddies. Trying to manage our move was hell. But as soon as the sickness disappeared I felt pretty much brilliant, little issues like permanent sciatica aside. But instead of blogging I spent my days researching cloth diaper systems, DIYs for the nursery, watching pregnancy-by-week-videos on youtube, sleeping and trying to get things organized before the big arrival of Fräulein M. I´m still far from done with the last but thanks to hormones I´m insanely relaxed about it. I know I´d be panicing like a headless chicken without them.
Needless to say that I put all my pre-pregnancy sewing projects aside, but hopefully I will find some time (you know, between feeding, napping, changing diapers, feeding etc.) for sewing later in 2014.
In September I, highly motivated as I was, even cut out all the pieces for a 1940s maternity dress for a friends wedding in October but then I ran out of time and went with the last fitting dress in my wardrobe. 'You still have Christmas!', I thought. Well, turns out my sewing machine is on strike. I just hope it´s nothing serious, I like that old lady and the thought of replacing her doesn´t appeal to me. But I did do some knitting over the last weeks and have plans for more. Looking at all my vintage magazines I have to wonder, though, what babies of the pre-60s wore during their first 3 months because most patterns are for 3 months old or even older. Were they naked? Wrapped in a blanket? Where are all the patterns for newborns?


I have plans to do some posts about vintage maternity and baby wear this year but will try to keep the blog mostly babyfree. I can´t promise anything, though ;) Don´t say I didn´t warn you!

Whatever you have planned, I hope 2014 will be a fantastic year for each and everyone of you!

2 comments:

  1. How phenomenally awesome! I'm elated for you and your honey! Thank you for sharing these wonderful news with us. I wish you nothing but the very best during your final weeks.

    Gentle hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahnsinn das sind ja tolle Neuigkeiten, das Jahr kann für dich und deinen liebsten dann nur ganz einfach das allerbeste werden!!! wünsch euch alles gute, und ich freue mich auch auf die vintage maternity posts;)
    lg mary

    ReplyDelete