Friday, November 1, 2013

Getrödelt, Gefunden, Gefreut - November

Oh my, time flies.
As it´s the first of the month and I finally found some time to take some pictures AND to blog about something this one is for GGG over at Beswingtes Allerlei.
This time I decided to share a piece of furniture that´s been in my possession for at least a decade but didn´t make it into our appartment till last week when my dad brought it over with some other cool stuff.
I present you: My first piece of vintage furniture.


I can´t remember exactly when I got this. But I do remember that my father helped clean out my great-grandparents appartment after they both had passed away and somehow he must have thought "The kid might like that one." We both have a thing for old furniture so he just decided he´d bring it home for me. And man was he right. I saw it and I loved it. And so it was part of my kids room until nearly two weeks ago. And now it stands in our dining room, looking intellectual. It´s not the most beautiful bookshelf the world has seen, it also has some flaws, but I think it´s cute. Especially because of the key that comes with it.


And it still has the shipping informations on the back. This thing travelled by train, obviously. I think it also had the manufacturer mentioned somewhere but I already put a lot of books in it so I can´t move it anymore and decided not to care.


It will also be the new home to my sewing machine. No more dust, finally.


Don´t forget to check out the other participants and have a wonderful weekend. :)

5 comments:

  1. Wunderschönes Teil! Ich liebe alte Möbelstücke, nicht nur, dass sie qualitativ besser sind als die heutigen, sondern verleihen sie einem Zimmer einen unvergleichlichen Charme und Wärme, wie ich finde. :)
    Liebe Grüße,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dem kann ich nur zustimmen. Inzwischen ist ein großer Teil unseres Mobiliars direkte Nachkriegsware und der einzige echte Makel sind die Schrauben, die unglaublich weich sind und von denen einige beim Ab- und Aufbau rundgedreht wurden. Was sich einfach aus dem Rohstoffmangel der Zeit ergibt. Schwedenmöbel sind neu instabiler (wobei wir davon auch einiges haben).

      Delete
  2. And what a truly elegant, timelessly lovely piece it is. I don't have any of the first vintage furniture I bought as a teenager any more (had to part with it all before I moved to Europe right after I got married, because I couldn't begin to afford to move it overseas), but I'll always remember those initial pieces - all second hand and thrift stores finds - very fondly.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohja, sehr hübsch. Fühlt die Nähmaschine sich schon wohl? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bis jetzt hat sie den Sprung in den Schrank noch nicht geschafft. Sie steht noch neben dem Esstisch, weil ich ja ganz dringen und hochmotiviert noch Änderungsarbeiten an Männes Arbeitshosen ausführen muss...hüstel.

      Delete