Wednesday, March 27, 2013

For your sweet bunny tooth

While going through pattern magazines the other day I found this page with sweet, good looking easter recipes. While I´m the person to bake big fancy cakes (we´re just two, who´s supposed to eat all that?) I love to make cookies and muffins and stuff like that. So when I saw the little easter eggs made of sponge cake at the top it was love at 2nd sight (or worse. I don´t know how often I have ignored these cuties before.) The recipe states to do them just before easter so that they don´t become to dry. That means I haven´t made them yet. But they sound great and simple to make. And there´s two more recipes on this page so there´s something in it for everyone ;)






Here´s a rough translation for you:

Biscuit eggs
Ingredients: 3 eggs, 250 g flour, 125 g sugar, 1/2 sachet of baking powder

1. Beat eggs with sugar for 30 minutes until fluffy (look, the recipe even has a fitness program included!)
2. Add flour and baking powder
3. With your hands form little eggs, put them on a baking tray and bake them in the oven until they are golden yellow
4. Heat one part chocolate powder, two parts sugar and a little water until it becomes a really hot sticky icing. Use it instantly to ice the eggs. (I´ll use couverture.)
5. Decorate.

Seems simple. I´ll make them on friday and will report! Hopefully with pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Ich selber habe es ja nicht so mit backen, würde mich aber als Testesserin zur Verfügung stellen :-) Es sieht auf jeden Fall sehr niedlich aus und ich bin schon auf deine Version gespannt. Eine schöne Osterzeit wünsche ich dir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweetly (literally!) lovely! This post reminds me of the delicious cut-out Easter sugar cookies we used to make every year without fail with my mom when we were growing up. It was always such fun to tint the frosting pastel shades and layer it generously atop of egg, bunny, and flower shaped cookies.

    Have a beautiful, joyous Easter celebration, dear gal!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete