Friday, February 1, 2013

Getrödelt, Gefunden, Gefreut: January

Initiated by SwinginCat of Beswingtes Allerlei, "Getrödelt, gefunden, gefreut" is a monthly link collection in which people share their latest vintage finds and thrifts. It takes place every 1st of the month and hopefully a lot of people will join over the months*hint*.
Here´s what I thrifted last month. All the following stuff comes from the thrift shop where I usually buy old photographs for my collection. Once in a while they also get some nice sewing supplies like fabric, buttons and buckles. It was one of those days ;)

leather gloves in pretty good condition, 3 €

In german it´s called "Abplättmuster", I couldn´t find a translation
for that. It´s basically an embroidery pattern you iron onto the
fabric and that washes out later. This one is from Beyer and dates
back to the 30s.
Got this one for free as the seller didn´t even know what it was.

50s (?) fabric. There wasn´t too much left of it, I think it doesn´t even
make a whole blouse, but I couldn´t leave it behind. The colours are so
perfect and I love the pattern. I might make a repro on spoonflower
some time as I´d love to make a dress out of it. Got this for free as well.

I like to call this kind of bag mens purse. I´ve had a similar
one before that was handed down to me from the Mr.s grandma
but it´s slowly falling apart so I didn´t think to long when I found
this one. It´s a bit smaller and over all very practical. It became my
new every day bag instantly. Not very chic but I love it. I paid 3 €.
(Btw, in the background you can see our "balcony". Yep, still not there.)

I´d guess they were made in the 60s. Instantly fell in love with the
colour and now have to find out how to make them work with my
stretched ear lobes. Nude silicone plugs might be the solution.
Got them for free.

60s or 70s brooch. It´s an apple, what´s not to love about that?
Oh, and it was free ;)


And the following thing comes from the big online auction site and is my most recent purchase:

113 knitting patterns for women, men and children. Sadly it
doesn´t contain as many interesting patterns for women as I
had hoped but there are 3 or 4 I can see myself wearing.
One is the sweater on the cover. I paid 3,60 € incl. shipping.

And by clicking here you can find all the other wonderful people taking part in GGG.

5 comments:

  1. Ah, ich liebe den Stoff, der hat ja ein tolles Muster! Schade, dass es nicht so viel ist, aber ich hätte ihn auch mitgenommen - man weiß ja nie! Die Ohrringe und die Apfelbrosche find ich auch genial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eben eben. Ich hab zu Hause direkt erstmal geguckt, ob ich nicht n Schnittmuster hab, wo ich den Stoff mit einarbeiten kann. In Kombination mit weiß oder so. Die 40er bieten ja zum Glück ne Menge Reste-Verwertungs-Designs :)

      Delete
  2. Oh der Stoff ist wirklich ein Traum!

    Das mit dem enttäuschenden Strickheft ist natürlich schade, aber für den Preis ja eigentlich kein echter Verlust. Hast Du im Zweifel mal darüber nachgedacht es sonst einfach wieder weiter zu verkaufen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hab ich und werd ich wahrscheinlich, um mich nicht zuzumüllen *hüstel*. Ich werd aber auf jeden Fall noch ein oder 2 schöne Anleitungen für den Blog scannen und mir die interessanteren Modelle kopieren.
      So ist das halt, wenn man die Katz im Sack kauft. Kann ein Hit sein, muss aber nicht ;)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely roundup of thrifted finds. I really like that fabric! Perhaps you could make a sleeveless blouse for the summer with it?

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete