Sunday, January 13, 2013

WIP: The angry kitten cardigan

So far January was a lot more hectic than I had expected it to be, so I didn´t finish nearly as much as I had wanted to by the end of my holidays. But I thought I´d share with you my most recent knitting project that I decided to call "The Angry Kitten Cardigan" *insert squeaking Psycho soundtrack here*.






It´s the first time I work with more than one colour and it takes me forever to knit but so far I think it´s ok. I´m not perfectly happy with my yarn choice for the kitties as it´s kind of fuzzy, not to mention that I shouldn´t have added the pieces of tail at the bottom but I realized that pretty late and was much to lazy to unravel the whole thing. So I´ll just pretend that´s how it´s supposed to be ;)
The pattern is a combination of two:





The womens cardigan comes from an issue of Elsa from the early 50s, the kittens from a 1951 Beyer magazine. The cardigan is a super simple knit and might end up as my standard pattern for everyday cardigan needs that don´t have to look particularly vintage. And when I saw the kittens I knew they were ment for me. To me they look like something you´d find on a modern rockabilly garment, not in an original magazine.
I already finished the back in plain black. What you see in the top picture is the left front part. I´ll be busy knitting this thing for some more weeks. And then I´m afraid I´ll have to start knitting for the warmer months.

On a side note, something else that keeps me busy is learning french. I always loved the language and even dreamed about living in France one day but for some reason I chose the Russian language in school (I´m an artsy person, the letters were so appealing...). Man did I not understand that language! My first try to learn french was a few years ago at university in a sort of evening class. It was nice, I learned some things but after the end of the semester the class wasn´t continued and I didn´t find a system to teach myself. But just the other day I stumbled upon duolingo and instantly started french lessons again. Right now I´m mostly talking about apples, wine and dresses but I hope the program will soon enhance my vocabulary :P . And because learning by doing is the best thing to learn a language and the internet pretty much taught me english as well I´d appreciate if those of you who are french native speakers would comment on my blog in french. That would be great :)

À bientôt!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, das Muster ist soooo toll! Könntest du die Anleitung ganz vielleicht mal einscannen? Da würde ich mich riesig freuen :-)
    Und Französisch ist echt eine tolle Sprache. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Klar, kann ich bei Gelegenheit machen :).

      Delete
  2. "The Angry Kitten Cardigan",wenn ich stricken könnte hätte ich auch das Muster gewählt :-)... ich freue mich jetzt schon das fertige Teil zu sehen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, danke, ich auch ;) Ich hoffe, dass ich das alles passend hinbekomme.

      Delete
  3. Ein wirklich tolles Muster und das mit dem Farbwechsel scheint doch schon sehr gut zu klappen - nur nicht so bescheiden sein :)

    PS: Bitte mach doch die Sicherheitsabfrage aus - das ist ja gräßlich :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, it's very cute! The pose the kitties are standing in makes me thinking a bit of the iconic 'fraidy cat Halloween kitty. I bet this sweater is going to look so fun and adorable once it's done.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I love those kitties. That cardigan is going to look just wonderful, I can't wait to see the finished piece. I wish I had your knitting skills! x

    ReplyDelete