Monday, December 17, 2012

A more festive green

I think I tell you no secret when I say that I love unnatural hair colours. I´ve been switching between bright reds, pink and green for years and there´s no end in sight. A part of me wants to blame Bela B., drummer and singer of "Die Ärzte" (a german punk band) who, back in the late 90s, sported hair that was half black, haf green. Sounds familiar? Well, I had a poster of him with this exact hair hanging over my bed just because the colour was the most awesome and cool I had ever seen. Sadly I couldn´t find a picture but here´s a nice little music video for you ;)


For years I´ve been using Apple Green by Directions exclusively. There were no other greens beside it. I love the bright shade with a little hint of yellow. You can see it in action in quite some pictures here on this blog. But some weeks ago I felt like I could need something darker, something more "grown up" (Shocking!). So I bought Directions Alpine Green. It´s not only darker but has a lot more blue in it. I dyed it some weeks ago. I was excited. I...wasn´t convinced. The colour was nice but somehow I felt strange with it. I was sure I´d switch back to Apple Green within no time. But sometimes you just have to get used to things. And now I don´t only love the colour (it fits the festive season somehow) but also the advantages that come with it: Alpine Green lasts a lot longer. And I really mean a lot. Apple Green had to be redyed after every 2nd or 3rd hair wash to stay vibrant. For me that means every two or three weeks. Alpine green on the other hand stays green, even after 4 weeks. Actually it becomes a lot like Apple green after the 2nd wash, so it´s twice the awesomeness ;) For a moment I even thought (once more) about going all green. This time it could even work. Oh my. But I won´t bore you any longer with words, here´s what it looks like:

my forehead is a real attention seeker ;)






That´s my hairdo for the 3rd advent stomach filling with the in-laws yesterday. It was a first for me, I´ve never worn 3 rolls before. It always ended up in a big mess but this one just happened to turn out nice enough to leave the house wearing it. All I can say about the event itself is that I ate way to much and felt terrible in the evening. And the whole night. But that zucchini soup was delicious. And so was the cake I made.

And because I´m in the mood for it I will also give you a short list of other bloggers with funky colours. Some of them just took the "big step" but they all look fantastic and prove that there is a colour out there for everyone. Maybe you feel inspired :):



P.S.: My english sounds a bit strange today, doesn´t it? Somewhat chaotic. I hope you understood me anyways :)

7 comments:

  1. I love it! Being a teacher, I can't go for bright colours, so I'll just admire yours x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I never understood why certain hair colours aren´t considered work appropriate by some employers. After all they say absolutely nothing about your qualification. And I can tell from experience that kids love my hair ;)

      Delete
  2. How fabulously fun! Your hair is so pretty! I've always said that if hair occurred naturally in any colours that it doesn't already, I'd want mine to have been either pine green or soft, girly pink. It's awesome that you enjoy making up for what nature fails to provide and have so much fun playing around with brightly coloured locks.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I ´ve always said the same thing. It would be so great if hair could do that. But then again I´d probably grow a colour I don´t like and would dye it anyways. But imagine green dyed hair and natural pink roots. That would be so cool! Where´s genetics when you need them?

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to go green and your hair is an inspiration! Great rolls too!

    Ruby xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can´t wait to see your green hair, you´d look so fabulous in it!

      Delete
  4. Huhu, habe dich für den Best Blog Award nominiert, mehr hier:

    http://taticupcake.blogspot.de/2013/02/best-blog-award.html

    GLG, Tati

    ReplyDelete