Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Vintage for winter


The whole outfit in the top right corner!















As it´s getting colder it´s also time to think about your winter wardrobe. Staying warm isn´t to hard ("Look at me, I´m an onion!"), but staying warm in style is a tough challenge, I think. So here´s for you a little collection of winter clothing from the 30s to 50s. Fur, wool and knitwear are the things to keep you warm and glamourous, whether you prefer a sporty or a chic look. During the colder months hats seem to be essential. It´s the perfect season to start wearing them regularly without being stared at, so don´t hesitate to wear one!

What about you, are you looking forward to winter? Do you have a complete winter wardrobe or is it still missing something? Do you prefer sporty or chic?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word, how this post has me going weak in the knees. So much inspiration, style and vintage wardrobe beauty.

    More so this year than perhaps ever, I'm noticing the my wardrobe is weighted more towards the sunny months, and a whole lot leaner when it comes to cold weather garb. In particular I think I need more heavy weight skirts, dresses, and (perhaps most of all) skirt suits. A great pair of vintage winter boats would be a dream, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog! It's great to hear people like the things I post about - even though the blend might seem a bit schizo sometimes... ;) I love the pics in the post above! I have such an urge to go shopping right now, and this just made it worse!!! The problem is just that I have forbidden myself to by anything that hasn't anything to do with my burlesque career right now. Swarovski crystals are expensive. *Sigh*... ;) xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, I hear you. There´s so much missing in my wardrobe, all I have are summer dresses and skirts and a warm wool coat ;)

    Miss Meadows, you are more than welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Starry eyed* I want that one and that one and that one and that one and that one....

    PS your illustrations are gorgeous!

    Ruby xx

    ReplyDelete