Monday, June 4, 2012

It´s been some time

You might (or might have not?) noticed that it was pretty quiet around my little corner of the blogiverse for a couple of weeks. The reason is that my grandpa died in the beginning of May and after that I didn´t feel like blogging at all. But I´m back to normal now and getting into my routine again.
I visited my parents for one week (because of the funeral) and thought I´d share some random pictures of what I did during the time.

Sitting in the beach chair in my parents garden, reading
"Die Jugend des Königs Henri Quatre" by Heinrich Mann.

"Streuselschnecke", the non-traditional way. Very delicious.
Is anyone interested in the recipe?

We had a swallow in the living room. 3 times!

My uncle bought himself a new old house. It´s great, the garden is
amazing and his neighbours are cows! I have a serious case of house envy.

lots of flower power going on in the front yard



We went to see an exhibition of sand scultures.
Quite impressive pieces of art. I know what I´m
going to do when I´m at the beach next time ;).
This is one of the evil sisters of Cinderella.


You know this one.

The wolf and the seven little goats.
I also did a lot of knitting for my cousins baby blanket. I´m nearly done and super happy with it. I might even do a matching cuddle toy in the shape of a polar bear, all vintage and stuff. We´ll see :)
Thanks to my dad I even made a little bargain. "You should check the neighbours bulky waste, I think I saw a hula hoop over there." Said it and didn´t expect me to go check it. I am now the proud owner of an ugly but cool orange hula hoop.

Yesterday I went to the flea market, full of optimism and hope for great finds, and came home with... a wet jacket, wet pants and two attachable fake fur collars (3€). I hope the weather´s better where you are, and may your hunts for vintage treasures be successful! :)


4 comments:

  1. Oh Katrin I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa that is very sad x
    Your Streuselschnecke looks really yummy I would love to try your recipe:) and wow the sand sculptures are amazing! You've got a hula hoop I am soo jealous :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I´m gonna translate and post the recipe soon :)

      Delete