Monday, June 18, 2012

Bssssy bee

Ha, see what I did there?
I didn´t manage to scan magazines or do anything for this blog at all over the last few days. Why? Because I´m planning my holiday wardrobe. Me and Mr. Yeti are gonna stay at my parents for two weeks, starting in... 1 month. And I feel like I have nothing to wear (yay, first world problems!!). You never know what the weather´s gonna be like at the baltic coast and I want to be prepared for everything (except maybe snow). But most of all I want to be prepared for summer! And that´s where it becomes a bit difficult. My wardrobe is a mess, filled with stuff that´s too big, too small, too warm. So what I´m trying to do at the moment is to knit until the needles melt and sew something actually wearable. Finished so far: Nothing. Hey, there´s still 1 month left. And if all else fails I have bathing suits. 2 of them. I´ll pretend that I´m a tourist and walk through town in a bathing suit and flip flops. Sounds like a solid plan to me!

But jokes aside, here´s what I´m working on at the moment:

I had planned to sew this for the confirmation in April but miserably failed because back then I didn´t understand the instructions. I still don´t. But all I have left to do right now is insert a zipper (panic!), finish the hem, dye the whole thing black and hope that it looks acceptable. So far I can say that the inside is a total mess and all you seamstresses out there would cry at the sight of it. It looks like a battlefield, just as a dress. Not to mention that it´s much to fancy for touristing around (I made that word up, I know).

I´d like to call this "the plan B sweater", because I didn´t understand (I say that to often...) the instructions of the other sweater I had wanted to make. But so far plan B worked out very well and seems to be a quick knit. (The front and the back are completely the same. It´s moments like this when I wish for ctrl+c in real life.)

I also have the following things planned:


And a circle skirt. Just because I need one anyways. Looking at all this I know I´lll fail miserably, but its good to aim high, I guess ;)


1 comment:

  1. Außen hui, innen pfui ;-) Hauptsache die Sachen sehen im getragenen Zustand gut aus, die Innenseite muss nicht perfekt sein ;-) Ich habe auch meist Probleme mit meinen Schnittmustern, mir hift es oft ein ähnliches Teil aus dem Schrank zu nehmen und zu schauen wie man´s richtig nähen würde :-) Viel Erfolg!

    ReplyDelete