Saturday, September 10, 2011

The DIY Middy

As mentioned in my last post I grabbed my scissors last weekend and, following the instructions by C-Dot, ended up with something like a longer middy. Until today I was a bit scared that I had done something wrong as none of my sets turned out ok, but after putting my hair in pin curls for nearly 24 hours I was relieved this morning:

Before I did any brushing. A lovely bouncy mess.
Also before breakfast, thatswhy no lipstick.

The back, also before brushing. It really has a u-shape. I wasn´t
sure before I took the picture.

All brushed and styled and filled with oat flakes ;).
Conclusion: If you want the middy look without spending much money then diy is your way. There´s little chance that you ruin anything. I can say that because I shouldn´t use any sharp objects at all because it mostly ends with blood everywhere and I still managed to get it right obviously. I also took pictures of it right after the cut but 2 days ago my laptop spontaneously decided to delete itself and everything I did over the last weeks was gone into nowhere...including lots of work stuff that I now have to do all over again to get everything done in time...meep.

Enjoy your weekends, ladies!

7 comments:

  1. well done! it looks awesome! It came out really lovely and your set looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, brave girl!

    And by the way, your blog is nominated :-)
    http://susansdiaryvintagestylemeets.blogspot.com/2011/09/irresistibly-sweet-blog-award-goes-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous. Lots of ladies comment on having to relearn their setting patterns when they get the middy. I know when I first started setting my hair it was not a success every time.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there any way to see this C-Dot's method of doing the middy? I can't find it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,
      it once existed on the Fedora Lounge forum (http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?43375-The-Middy-Thread&p=1260595&viewfull=1#post1260595), but it´s been some years since then and the pictures have been deleted at one point. Maybe the written instructions are of help for you. If not I´m really sorry that I can´t give you a better answer :(.

      Greetings

      Delete
    2. I never thanked you, since I never signed in. But thank you! Studying it really helped. I have a method that works for me.

      Delete